Introduce Yourself

Regular challenges on the art of Digital Matte-Painting, judged by world-renowned Hollywood Digital Matte-Painters.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby kaustavsinha » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:01 am

duckiez15 wrote:Hello,

My name is Stephanie, currently enrolled in the VFX program at Vanarts (Vancouver Institute of Media Arts), and I'm a classmate of Rohit Nayak.
I recently found out one of my matte paintings was selected to be included in D'Artiste: Matte Painting 3! I'm very excited and honoured! :)

We are in the last 6 weeks of our program, so it's crunch time for our demoreels...Stress!
I hope to participate in the upcoming challenges, more practice is always a good thing.

Cheers,

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

A warm welcome to the CG Universe forums; I hope, you be enjoy your stay here! :)
Kaustav Sinha
(Digital Matte Painting Producer)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3457720
"Let's Paint The World With Peace!"
kaustavsinha
Administrator : CG Universe

Postby kaustavsinha » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:04 am

Valbrandt wrote:Hello fellow matte painters !

My name is Denis. I was born and live in Montreal. I’ve been drawing since childhood and had the chance of having really supportive parents that always encouraged me to make a living out of it. After my father passed away, I decided to use the amount he left me to enter a VFX/3D animation school. I knew then I had found my way but through a series of what could be considered a combination of bad decisions, I ended up leaving school with a crappy demo and hence never could get a job in the industry.
Reality check aside, I needed to pay the bills and got a pretty standard office job in a call center but I now understood that I could not be great at everything 3D related plus do everything myself and that I needed to choose an area of expertise to focus on. Matte painting was only vaguely mentioned in school but it still managed to tingle my curiosity and I ended up buying Dylan Cole’s DVD. What an epiphany lol ! I knew then and there that this is what I wanted to do. Matte painting requires a vast array of skills and knowledge not only related to digital arts but also of the world itself Perfect for curious minds like mine. From then on, I’ve been trying to build a decent portfolio in the hopes of one day fulfilling my dream and becoming a professional matte painter. The amount of feedback given here is really impressive and I’m looking forward to sharpen my skills through these challenges. :)

Cheers !

Hi Denis,

A warm welcome to the CG Universe forums; I hope, you be enjoy your stay here! :) I hope & pray that, you will soon become a professional Matte-Painter! :) Take care!

Thanks,
Kaustav
Kaustav Sinha
kaustavsinha

Postby juliaor » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:20 am

Hello all, my name is Julia. I’m super excited to discover these challenges, and I hope they continue so I can participate in them!

I am an artist and currently work as a web/graphic/motion graphics designer. I've worked some as a 3D animator and artist, and only recently discovered the amazing world of Matte Painting. I’m so excited and eager and looking into a professional career shift! Matte Painting is everything I’ve ever wanted to do, I just didn’t know it until I found it! Better late than never, I guess.

I’m inspired by what I’ve seen here, and hoping to meet other folks in the industry. Looking forward to sharing and getting feedback from the community.
juliaor
Member : CG Universe

Postby kaustavsinha » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:57 am

juliaor wrote:Hello all, my name is Julia. I’m super excited to discover these challenges, and I hope they continue so I can participate in them!

I am an artist and currently work as a web/graphic/motion graphics designer. I've worked some as a 3D animator and artist, and only recently discovered the amazing world of Matte Painting. I’m so excited and eager and looking into a professional career shift! Matte Painting is everything I’ve ever wanted to do, I just didn’t know it until I found it! Better late than never, I guess.

I’m inspired by what I’ve seen here, and hoping to meet other folks in the industry. Looking forward to sharing and getting feedback from the community.

A warm welcome to the CG Universe forums, Julia! :) Nice to get acquainted with you & it's great to know your love for the Art of Matte-Painting! The challenges will continue, no doubt; I'll give my everything in the successful running of the contests! If you would like to learn about Digital Matte-Painting, you can join the online workshop as described here : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1602. Take care!

Thanks,
Kaustav
Kaustav Sinha
kaustavsinha

Postby juliaor » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:39 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, Kaustav!

And for the info about the workshop. It sounds really great, especially about workflow and process and more.

I think it's amazing and generous of you to sponsor these contests. Thanks for doing them. It's a fun and inspiring way to build some portfolio, gain insights from everyone who offers them, and I'm looking forward to finding out what else.

Thanks again!

Julia
juliaor

Postby kaustavsinha » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:33 pm

juliaor wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome, Kaustav!

And for the info about the workshop. It sounds really great, especially about workflow and process and more.

I think it's amazing and generous of you to sponsor these contests. Thanks for doing them. It's a fun and inspiring way to build some portfolio, gain insights from everyone who offers them, and I'm looking forward to finding out what else.

Thanks again!

Julia

Hi Julia,

You are most welcome! It's my pleasure in conducting these challenges; I absolutely love the Art of Matte-Painting! I hope, you will find these contests and workshops helpful! Take care!

Thanks,
Kaustav
Kaustav Sinha
kaustavsinha

Postby dod » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:51 am

สวัสดีสเตฟานีการต้อนรับอย่างอบอุ่นไปยังฟอรั่ม CG จักรวาล; ฉันหวังว่าคุณจะเพลิดเพลินไปกับการเข้าพักของคุณที่นี่!:)
สมัครสมาชิก Goldenslot
dod

Postby joyja6669 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:50 pm

:D โปรโมชั่นมาใหม่ :D
Goldenslot ผ่านเว็บ
joyja6669

Postby joyja6669 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:31 pm

:-ss โปรโมชั่นมาใหม่ :D
]Goldenslot บนมือถือ
joyja6669

Postby suttidakenw » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:48 pm

fabio santoro wrote:
excuse me, it's possible to know something about the contests of the past month (FALL OF THE WORLD)?
I had participated and sent my matte painting with the various wip, but after August 20 (closing day of the con
now I see that there is a new contest for September / October, but no information or notice of the previous.
I'd like to have some information about this occurrence, thanks
fabio
โปรโมชั่น Goldenslot
suttidakenw

PreviousNext

Return to CG Universe Digital Matte-Painting Challenges