Introduce Yourself

Regular challenges on the art of Digital Matte-Painting, judged by world-renowned Hollywood Digital Matte-Painters.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Cata_bRc » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Hello to all,

My name is Catalin and I work as a web graphic designer.
I also learn matte painting in my free time.
I hope to have a lot discussion with fellow artists, and learn many things.

Thanks
Cata_bRc
Member : CG Universe

Postby KimPet » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Kim and I've recently picked up matte painting. Although not new to painting or 3D (I've been studying fine arts and working in the motion graphics industry), I've finally found the right medium (took me a long while) to combine the two. Ever since I started with matte painting I've felt as if I've come home :)

Looking forward to the challenges and getting feedback from the community.

Cheers,
Kim
KimPet
Contestant : CG Universe

Postby kaustavsinha » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:46 am

Cata_bRc wrote:Hello to all,

My name is Catalin and I work as a web graphic designer.
I also learn matte painting in my free time.
I hope to have a lot discussion with fellow artists, and learn many things.

Thanks

Hi Catalin,

A very warm welcome to the CG Universe forums! I hope, you will enjoy your stay! Take care!

Thanks!
Kaustav Sinha
(Digital Matte Painting Producer)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3457720
"Let's Paint The World With Peace!"
kaustavsinha
Administrator : CG Universe

Postby kaustavsinha » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:51 am

KimPet wrote:Hi everyone,

My name is Kim and I've recently picked up matte painting. Although not new to painting or 3D (I've been studying fine arts and working in the motion graphics industry), I've finally found the right medium (took me a long while) to combine the two. Ever since I started with matte painting I've felt as if I've come home :)

Looking forward to the challenges and getting feedback from the community.

Cheers,
Kim

Hi Kim,

A very warm welcome to the challenges forum! I hope, you will enjoy your stay here! Take care!

Thanks!
Kaustav Sinha
kaustavsinha

Postby CordobezWeee » Fri May 10, 2013 3:02 am

Hello, my name is Nicolas Zuriaga, I am Argentine. Study graphic design. Here there are no schools that teach so one must Matte online help or the help of others. 4 years ago I do matte a hobby and try to learn more and more, I really like the thematic fora good MP and I hope to be welcome :D

Goodbye and Thanks

PS: My English is bad xD
CordobezWeee

Postby kaustavsinha » Fri May 10, 2013 11:08 am

CordobezWeee wrote:Hello, my name is Nicolas Zuriaga, I am Argentine. Study graphic design. Here there are no schools that teach so one must Matte online help or the help of others. 4 years ago I do matte a hobby and try to learn more and more, I really like the thematic fora good MP and I hope to be welcome :D

Goodbye and Thanks

Hi Nicolas, :)

A very warm welcome to the CG Universe forums! I'm sure that, you will enjoy the challenges and will receive valuable critiques & feedback from the members of the forum! Hope to see your entry in the challenges!

Thanks!
Kaustav Sinha
kaustavsinha

Postby CordobezWeee » Sat May 11, 2013 10:13 pm

kaustavsinha wrote:
CordobezWeee wrote:Hello, my name is Nicolas Zuriaga, I am Argentine. Study graphic design. Here there are no schools that teach so one must Matte online help or the help of others. 4 years ago I do matte a hobby and try to learn more and more, I really like the thematic fora good MP and I hope to be welcome :D

Goodbye and Thanks

A very warm welcome to the CG Universe forums! I'm sure that, you will enjoy the challenges and will receive valuable critiques & feedback from the members of the forum! Hope to see your entry in the challenges!

Thanks!

If that's what I like! Since no one learns much from others

thanks
CordobezWeee

Postby kaustavsinha » Sat May 11, 2013 11:11 pm

CordobezWeee wrote:
kaustavsinha wrote:

Goodbye and Thanks

Thanks!

If that's what I like! Since no one learns much from others

thanks

Hehe... I did not quite understood what you meant to say, Nicolas; anyways, I'm confident that, you will learn a-lot from the members of the forum! :)
Kaustav Sinha
kaustavsinha

Postby duckiez15 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Hello,

My name is Stephanie, currently enrolled in the VFX program at Vanarts (Vancouver Institute of Media Arts), and I'm a classmate of Rohit Nayak.
I recently found out one of my matte paintings was selected to be included in D'Artiste: Matte Painting 3! I'm very excited and honoured! :)

We are in the last 6 weeks of our program, so it's crunch time for our demoreels...Stress!
I hope to participate in the upcoming challenges, more practice is always a good thing.

Cheers,

Stephanie
duckiez15

Postby Valbrandt » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Hello fellow matte painters !

My name is Denis. I was born and live in Montreal. I’ve been drawing since childhood and had the chance of having really supportive parents that always encouraged me to make a living out of it. After my father passed away, I decided to use the amount he left me to enter a VFX/3D animation school. I knew then I had found my way but through a series of what could be considered a combination of bad decisions, I ended up leaving school with a crappy demo and hence never could get a job in the industry.
Reality check aside, I needed to pay the bills and got a pretty standard office job in a call center but I now understood that I could not be great at everything 3D related plus do everything myself and that I needed to choose an area of expertise to focus on. Matte painting was only vaguely mentioned in school but it still managed to tingle my curiosity and I ended up buying Dylan Cole’s DVD. What an epiphany lol ! I knew then and there that this is what I wanted to do. Matte painting requires a vast array of skills and knowledge not only related to digital arts but also of the world itself Perfect for curious minds like mine. From then on, I’ve been trying to build a decent portfolio in the hopes of one day fulfilling my dream and becoming a professional matte painter. The amount of feedback given here is really impressive and I’m looking forward to sharpen my skills through these challenges. :)

Cheers !
Valbrandt

PreviousNext

Return to CG Universe Digital Matte-Painting Challenges