Introduce Yourself

Regular challenges on the art of Digital Matte-Painting, judged by world-renowned Hollywood Digital Matte-Painters.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Westman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Hey everyone! I've recently found this forum and besides enjoying the challenge I also appreciate this warm welcoming which I don't want to miss. :ymparty:
Westman
Member : CG Universe

Postby kaustavsinha » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:59 am

Westman wrote:Hey everyone! I've recently found this forum and besides enjoying the challenge I also appreciate this warm welcoming which I don't want to miss. :ymparty:

Hi Samuel,

A warm welcome to the challenges forum; I hope, you will enjoy your stay here! Looking forward to your entry!

Thanks,
Kaustav
Kaustav Sinha
(Digital Matte Painting Producer)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3457720
"Let's Paint The World With Peace!"
kaustavsinha
Administrator : CG Universe

Postby digitalmushroom » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I have just come to the end of a BA in Digital Media Design and Graphic Communication after many years of waiting to be able to study. I first caught the Matte Painting bug 30 years ago when I saw Star Wars and was lucky enough to receive a long letter from Chris Evans. He has been an inspiration ever since. Now with a family, I have finally managed to take a degree and hope to get a job soon in the film industry as a concept artist or junior matte painter. I currently paint from scratch rather than composite but am practising this method too. I am excited to meet other people who are in the industry or hoping to begin in the industry and am humbled by some of the talent.

Su
digitalmushroom
Member : CG Universe

Postby kaustavsinha » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:54 pm

digitalmushroom wrote:Image

Hi everyone,

I have just come to the end of a BA in Digital Media Design and Graphic Communication after many years of waiting to be able to study. I first caught the Matte Painting bug 30 years ago when I saw Star Wars and was lucky enough to receive a long letter from Chris Evans. He has been an inspiration ever since. Now with a family, I have finally managed to take a degree and hope to get a job soon in the film industry as a concept artist or junior matte painter. I currently paint from scratch rather than composite but am practising this method too. I am excited to meet other people who are in the industry or hoping to begin in the industry and am humbled by some of the talent.

Su

Hi Su,

A very warm welcome to the challenges forum! Nice to get acquainted with you. It's wonderful to know that, you received a letter from the great Chris Evans! Would love to see your works in the CG Universe forums and in the challenges! I hope that, you soon get a job as a Matte-Painter or a concept artist! Take care!

Thanks!
Kaustav Sinha
kaustavsinha

Postby JHD » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Joel. I'm posting for the matte painting challenge: Set Extension, on which I'm having a lot of fun. Looking forward to posting on the site.

Joel
JHD
Contestant : CG Universe

Postby kaustavsinha » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:10 pm

JHD wrote:Hi Everyone,

My name is Joel. I'm posting for the matte painting challenge: Set Extension, on which I'm having a lot of fun. Looking forward to posting on the site.

Joel

Hi Joel, :)

Nice to meet you! A warm welcome to the challenges forum! Love your entry so far; can't wait for more updates! Take care!

Thanks!
Kaustav Sinha
kaustavsinha

Postby eyellusion » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Hey there fellow artists
i stumbled over this forum and was really impressed by these challenges and their well known judges ;)
So i decided to give the set extension challenge a try :D
A bit of information about myself (if you are interested ;) ):
I am a currently 19 year old vfx-artist from Germany, working at Pixomondo Images as a 3D Intern and i really want to get into mattepainting (at the moment i am mostly doing general 3D work, mainly texturing, shading, and matchmoving)
but since i have always drawn a lot i think mattepainting is the perfect deal for me between 3D and 2D painting.
So lets see where i can get with a lot of practice and the challenge is a nice way to improve my mattepainting knowledge. :)
thanks alot for holding the challenge and keeping the forums running.
cheers
Björn
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible !"
Walt Disney
eyellusion

Postby kaustavsinha » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi Björn, :)

A very warm welcome to the challenges forum! Nice to get acquainted with you; I hope, you will enjoy your stay at the CG Universe forums! Take care!

Thanks!
Kaustav Sinha
kaustavsinha

Postby LadyAthrys » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Good Morning from Portland, Oregon. Where today, it is a crisp 37 degrees. Not bad for Spring weather in the Northwest.
I am orignally for Westport, Connecticut. Have travelled domestically and internationally throughtout my career as a concept artist.
I started my career as an illustrator, moved to graphic design and eventually into digital media.
I was fortunate to be one of the first corporate artists chosen to beta test photoshop for desktop publishing. Wow. what a reality check. I worked for a company
whose focus was print/advertisng media, we were still working with camera shots and pen and ink, and then along came the Apple SE. From that first day, I was hooked.

My first dip into compositing was a challenging, rewarding and a major pain in the .... Since then, the bulk of my work has been in Photohsop.
Last year, I decided to complete my college degree in Media Arts and Animation with a focus on 3D Modeling and Digital Matte Painting.
Today, I am sitting in a lab for Senior Studio working on 3D Mattes. Life is good.

The time I have spent upgrading and refocusing my abilities has been energizing. I have had the greatest pleasure working with other emerging artist of all ages, cultures and personalities.
We share ideas, curse Maya and share chocolate, curse Maya again while waiting for the Rendering process to finish.
I will graduate from the Art Institute of Portland next term. I look forward to the next phase of my Artistic Career.

I greatly appreciate everyone's willingness to share their work, knowledge and honest feedback. Making up reality requires understanding reality, and being real.
Enjoy the day.
Good Day from Portland, Oregon
LadyAthrys

Postby kaustavsinha » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:26 am

Hey LadyAthrys, :)

A very warm welcome to the CG Universe forums! Nice to get acquainted with you! Wow! It was really wonderful to get to know about your career! I hope, you are enjoying the challenges! Hope to see you more in the forums! Take care!

PS : Would've been awesome to know your real name! :)

Thanks!
Kaustav Sinha
kaustavsinha

PreviousNext

Return to CG Universe Digital Matte-Painting Challenges