Topic : Immortal Peace

Regular challenges on the art of Digital Matte-Painting, judged by world-renowned Hollywood Digital Matte-Painters.

Topic : Immortal Peace

Postby kaustavsinha » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:03 pm

*Banner Matte-Painting was taken from the blockbuster Hollywood feature film, "Son of God".

Hi Everyone, :)

Here is the 15th challenge, titled Immortal Peace. Following is the task:

The Task : Since the attacks on the Twin Towers, we are craving and are always looking for worldwide Peace! Films like the "Son of God" has bestowed upon us, with positive message about world peace! That's why, we wish you all to create Matte-Paintings, that will depict the message of World Peace, with characters like Jesus Christ, Mahatma Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Lord Hanuman, Shri Ram, Maa Durga, Lord Ganesha and other Gods & Goddesses in it! :) We would like you all to create a Digital Matte-Painting based on this description.

The Rules:

1. Each contestant must create a Work In Progress (WIP) Thread/Topic in this forum, in order to participate in the contest.
2. The Subject of the WIP Thread/Topic must be like this : Immortal Peace - (your name); for example, if your name is Björn, then you must write, Immortal Peace - Björn.
3. The width of the WIP Matte-Painting images must be 750 pixels.
4. The final Matte-Painting must be atleast 1920 pixels x 1080 pixels in resolution.

Final Entry Thread : A Final Entry Thread will be posted on December 10th, 2016 wherein the contestants will be required to post their final Digital Matte-Painting entries in 1920 px X 1080 px (minimum) resolution. The contestants must also post the link to his/her WIP Thread/Topic.

Deadline : December 20th, 2016 (11:59 PM - Pacific Standard Time).

So, get ready with your pen-tablets and start to build your ideas and concepts for the challenges; will be eagerly waiting to see all your entries!!! :)

Thanks,
Kaustav
Kaustav Sinha
(Digital Matte Painting Producer)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3457720
"Let's Paint The World With Peace!"
kaustavsinha
Administrator : CG Universe

Re: Topic : Immortal Peace

Postby kaustavsinha » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:06 pm

What the hell is this? No entries?! I'm just very very... disappointed with such an act by all the artists! This is a shame! Maybe, it's true that, you might be busy with work, but still, not a single WIP entry?! This tells me and gives me a sense that, artists are working just to earn money for a living, and not for the love and passion for the Art anymore! No entry from even a novice Photoshop artist? You got to be kidding me! Anyways, I'm closing the thread for now, and will launch a new contest, but don't know the date or month, as I am sceptic and very heartbroken! I don't give a fuck to online forums, like the CGTantra.com of India; CG Universe is far far better, with so many cool prizes! I will NEVER stop this forum and the Matte Painting Challenges on this site, even if there is not a single entry! I just love Matte-Painting and VFX! It's my life and my first love! <3 Peace and God bless you all!
Kaustav Sinha
(Digital Matte Painting Producer)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3457720
"Let's Paint The World With Peace!"
kaustavsinha
Administrator : CG Universe

Return to CG Universe Digital Matte-Painting Challenges