Dubinsky chalked up perhaps the biggest goal in franchise hi

The first-ever online award ceremony exclusively for the Matte Painters from around the world, known as the "Matte Awards"!

Dubinsky chalked up perhaps the biggest goal in franchise hi

Postby wangshi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:22 pm

GREENBURGH, N. Chris Johnson Jersey .Y. - Carmelo Anthony said he wants to stay in New York, and said he wants to win. It will be up to Phil Jackson to convince him that he can do both. With the Knicks season over and Anthony missing the playoffs for the first time in his career, he can begin thinking about his future. He plans to become a free agent in July and wants to be someplace where he can compete for championships. The Knicks never came close this season, going 37-45. Anthony said it was a "failure" and an "embarrassment" that hes unwilling to go through again, which could force him to look elsewhere since New York will have trouble changing its roster next season. "I want to come back. I also want to win. Me wanting to be here, if we can put ourselves in position to at least compete at a high level over the course of whatever, five years, the contract would be, then Im willing to stay here," Anthony said Thursday while wearing a red hat with the letters "NY" at the Knicks training centre. He met with Jackson, who took over as team president in March and has said he could envision Anthony as a central piece of the Knicks future. Less clear is what he thinks about coach Mike Woodson, who received a strong endorsement from the Knicks leading scorer. "To be honest with you, Mike Woodson, me and him have become, hes been a guy I can talk to," Anthony said. "Hes been almost a father figure, a friend, a guy who I can bounce stuff off of. Ive been a guy hes talked to multiple times about multiple things, different situations. So when that time comes, if its ready for me to step up and take that next step and say, OK, Mike Woodson needs to stay or go — I dont think it would come down to that — but Ill back him. If he needs my recommendation, whether its here or anywhere else, Ill back him." Amare Stoudemire said Woodson wasnt a part of his exit meeting with Jackson and general manager Steve Mills, and he hadnt seen him Thursday. Woodson led the Knicks to 54 wins and a division title last season, and the Knicks embraced their high expectations coming into 2013-14. But they got off to a dismal start and couldnt recover, bad timing with their best player having the option to leave. The Knicks can pay Anthony around $30 million more than any other team, but wont have much financial flexibility to build around him until a number of contracts come off the books following the 2014-15 season. Yet Tyson Chandler, who like Stoudemire owns one of those contracts, said changing the players wasnt what the franchise needed. "I think a lot around here is made about personnel and this and that. I dont think thats it," he said. "I personally think that you have to bring a winning culture around here, and until thats established, you can rotate players as much as you want. Its not going to make a difference." That winning culture has escaped the Knicks, who last won a championship in 1973 when Jackson was a player here. Anthony said he understood it would take time after he was traded to New York in 2011, but said hes "not at a point in my career where I want to rebuild" as he prepares to turn 30 next month. "I dont know if I can afford to wait another season of losing. I really cant see that picture right now," Anthony said. "As far as other teams thats out there, which quote-unquote team would be a better situation, you never know. Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side, so this is stuff that Im going to have to sit down with myself and my family and really figure this out. This is not a decision thats going to happen overnight." He has time to think, since he cant play basketball now anyway. He began rehab on his right shoulder, which has a torn labrum, on Wednesday. "I just want to get away, kind of decompress and kind of clear my mind, because I dont want to come into this thing with a clouded judgment or things like that," Anthony said. "When I come back, my mind will be clear." Ichiro Suzuki Jersey . The 19-year-old Swiss centre back will initially have to impress in Uniteds reserve side to earn a spot in the first team. Veseli says "Manchester United has a long history of younger players coming through and hopefully I can follow and do the same. Custom Miami Marlins Jerseys . - Benched Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman said he has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and voluntarily entered the NFL substance abuse program more than a year ago after mistakenly taking a medication to treat the condition. http://www.baseballmarlinsstore.com/Dee-Gordon-marlins-jersey/ . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Brandon Dubinsky, the player seen as the face of the rising Columbus Blue Jackets, signed a six-year contract extension worth $35.1 million that will keep him with the club through the 2020-21 season. Dubinsky was entering the last year of a contract with a $4.2-million cap hit. The new deal pays him $5.85 million per season. He said it was a meeting of minds and not just on the contract terms. "Its the commitment to winning," the 28-year-old centre said at a news conference on Friday after the deal was announced. "(Management) has said they want to win here. I want to win. Our interests were aligned." Dubinsky was acquired two years ago in the blockbuster deal with the New York Rangers for Rick Nash that also brought centre Artem Anisimov, defenceman Tim Erixon and a first-round draft pick to the Blue Jackets. He has scored 18 goals with 52 assists and a +7 plus/minus rating in 105 games the past two seasons, including 16 goals and a career-high 34 assists a year ago while leading the franchise into the post-season for only the second time. He was at his best in last seasons six-game playoff series with division rival Pittsburgh, scoring a goal with five assists while frequently matched up against Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby, who didnt score a goal in the series. Dubinsky chalked up perhaps the biggest goal in franchise history in Game 4, scoring the tying goal with 22.5 seconds left in regulation when goalie Marc Andre-Fleury mishandled a puck behind the net. The Blue Jackets won in overtime -- their first playoff victory ever at home -- on Nicck Folignos goal. Marcell Ozuna Jersey. "This is a well-earned contract for a player who is a leader on our team and plays at his best when it counts the most," Columbus general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. "Hes a Blue Jacket. He plays like we want every Blue Jacket to play." Dubinsky was tied for 10th in the NHL in short-handed points with two goals and two assists last season and ranked 13th in the league in hits with 234. On a team that did not select a captain but rotated alternate captains, he was frequently the player most vocal after a lethargic loss and quickest to deflect the praise after a win. Most observers believe if the Blue Jackets finally do name a captain, it will be the fiery Dubinsky. "Its going to be obvious who it is," Kekalainen said of the potential candidates. Dubinsky, who said he relishes the simplicity of life in Columbus after his years in New York, said no one on the team is concerned about who has the C on his sweater. "Everyones always anxious to have a captain, but theres a lot of guys on this team who lead," he said. Columbus has also discussed a contract extension with franchise goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, the 2013 Vezina Trophy winner as the top netminder in the NHL. He can become a restricted free agent after next season. Kekalainen is still negotiating with prized top-line centre Ryan Johansen, a 21-year-old restricted free agent who is due a huge pay increase after a 63-point season (33 goals, 30 assists). If any team offers him a contract, the Blue Jackets would have to match it to retain him beyond next season. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wangshi
Member : CG Universe

Return to Matte Awards