The 38-year-old Deila joined the Glasgow club on a 12-month

Artists can post their Work In Progress (WIP) Matte-Paintings for critiques & comments.

The 38-year-old Deila joined the Glasgow club on a 12-month

Postby wangshi » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:40 pm

DETROIT - David Price allowed a homer to start the bottom of the ninth inning — and that was only the beginning of his problems as he tried to close out a win. Nic Dowd Jersey . Rain began falling steadily at Comerica Park, a streak of lightning flashed in the sky behind centre field and loud thunder claps accompanied the Tampa Bay All-Stars pursuit of a complete game. "It was crazy. I wasnt really looking up," manager Joe Maddon said. "Just trying to get David through it." Eventually, Maddon gave in, removing Price with two on and two out. The Rays held on for a 7-3 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Sunday night to climb out of last place in the AL East. The Rays have won three straight and eight of nine to move a half-game ahead of defending champion Boston in the standings. Tampa Bay had sole possession of the cellar for 39 consecutive days. Price (8-7) received his fourth All-Star selection before the game, and he allowed three runs and seven hits before being pulled amid a brief spell of bad weather in the ninth. Jake McGee came on and got the final out for his fifth save in six chances. Rick Porcello (11-5) allowed seven runs and 11 hits in 5 2-3 innings. Matt Joyce and Desmond Jennings homered for Tampa Bay, and Torii Hunter and J.D. Martinez went deep for Detroit. The Rays had 19 hits, including four each by Ben Zobrist and Sean Rodriguez. Price struck out six and walked three, throwing 107 pitches. Martinez led off the Detroit ninth with a homer, and Price was able to get only two more outs. Price said he was somewhat fortunate to make it that far. "I guess I got 26 outs, and I would say at least 15 of them were hit right on the screws. I was asking for some at em balls yesterday and I got them," he said. "I dont know if Ive ever seen that many hard-hit balls turned into outs off a starter." The AL Central-leading Tigers put three players on the All-Star team — Miguel Cabrera, Victor Martinez and Max Scherzer. Porcello is a candidate in online voting for the final American League spot. "Very happy for my teammates that have made the team, and obviously honoured to be included in the final vote," Porcello said. "A lot of good pitchers out there." Porcello was coming off back-to-back shutouts, but his 25-inning scoreless streak ended before he could retire a batter. Jennings led off with a double and scored on Zobrists single. Then Joyces drive was ruled a home run after a review — it hit the railing just above the wall in right field — to give the Rays a 3-0 lead in the first. Price went at least eight innings for the fifth time in his last six starts. It was his 15th straight outing of at least 100 pitches. Price could be a prime trade target for contenders over the next few weeks, although Tampa Bays recent run means the Rays arent totally out of post-season contention. Tampa Bay is 8 1/2 games behind first-place Baltimore in the AL East, and the Rays trail Seattle by the same margin for the second wild card. The Tigers, meanwhile, still lead their division by four games after losing three of four to Tampa Bay. With Price on the mound, the Rays were in good shape after scoring three runs in the first. In the fifth, Evan Longoria added an RBI single to make it 4-1. Tampa Bay scored three more in the sixth. With men on first and third and one out, Kevin Kiermaier hit a grounder to second that was nearly a double play, but he beat the relay to first for an RBI fielders choice. That made it 5-1 and kept the inning going. Jennings followed with a homer to left-centre. Jennings also made sliding catches in centre field in the sixth and seventh. Hunter led off the seventh with a solo shot, his 11th homer of the year. Detroit might have scored another run that inning on Austin Jacksons line drive to the corner in left. But Eugenio Suarez, trying to score from first, lost his footing on the grass outside the baseline and fell about halfway between third and home, giving the Rays an easy out at the plate. NOTES: The Rays said after the game RHP Jeremy Hellickson (right elbow surgery) is expected back Tuesday. ... Victor Martinez sat out a second straight game with a back issue. ... Tampa Bay LHP Cesar Ramos and wife Melanie celebrated the birth Saturday of Addison Lynn Ramos, their first child. ... Rays SS Yunel Escobar (right shoulder) begins a rehab assignment Monday in the Gulf Coast League. ... Detroit is off Monday. Tampa Bay hosts the Royals. Rays RHP Jake Odorizzi (4-7) takes on Kansas City RHP James Shields (8-4). Tanner Pearson Jersey . -- Josh MacDonalds second goal of the game kept his team alive as the Peterborough Petes edged the host Kingston Frontencas 6-5 in overtime on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action. Robyn Regehr Jersey . Every. Single. Game. Thats 1,230 in total to cover the regular season. The man is Corey Sznajder, a soft-spoken 23-year-old Salisbury University grad who lives in Annapolis, Maryland and has been charting zone entries and zone exits throughout the NHL. I love big projects, he said. No kidding. At the 2013 Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, I met Eric Tulsky, who presented research on the value of controlled zone entries (short answer: about twice as valuable to enter with control of the puck rather than dumping it in) and Sznajder had charted a couple hundred games that were included in that study. http://www.officialkingshockey.com/Alex-Iafallo-Jersey/ .The surgery was performed by Dr. William Meyers at the Vincera Institute in Philadelphia.Letestu had three goals and two assists in nine games before being injured in late October.The 29-year-old has 54 goals and 65 assists in 273 career NHL games, including 39 goals and 51 assists in 188 games with the Blue Jackets.GLASGOW -- Norwegian coach Ronny Deila was hired as the new manager of Scottish champion Celtic on Friday. The 38-year-old Deila joined the Glasgow club on a 12-month rolling contract from Norwegian side Stromsgodset. He guided the club to its first Norwegian league title in 43 years last season. Deila takes over at Celtic from Neil Lennon, who quit last month after winning five trophies in four years. "I want to deliver the best attacking, exciting and entertaining football we can play," Deila said. The Norwegian "likes to play attacking, winning football, the Celtic way, something I know our supporters will endorse," Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell said. Former Ireland and Manchester United star Roy Keane had been in contention for the Celtic job but ruled himself out last week. Former West Bromwich Albion manager Stevve Clark had been among the other reported candidates. Luc Robitaille Jersey. Deila said former Celtic and Scotland midfielder John Collins was one of several candidates to be his top assistant. Lawwell said he was in talks with former Hearts and Sunderland keeper Craig Gordon, Deila shrugged off comparisons to Borussia Dortmund manager Juergen Klopp at a news conference. "I am Ronny Deila but I like Juergen Klopp," Deila said. "He is a modern leader, very close to the players, and I think that is important. You have to get the players to feel safe and they also have to feel loved, and Juergen Klopp is fantastic at doing that." The Norwegians first competitive game as Celtic manager will be a Champions League qualifier next month -- the first of three matches the club has to negotiate in order to reach the group stages. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wangshi
Member : CG Universe

Return to Matte-Painting For Critiques